Intermediate level knowledge in Statistics is necessary. There is no time to provide basic knowledge, so we will need to assume that accepted candidates have self-assessed for it in the following areas:
- conditional probability
- statistical tests
- hypothesis testing
This level can also be obtained by attending another course in GTPB: The IBSTAT course.
Basic Familiarity with the R environment will be necessary. Please follow the exercise that we provide. Install R from http://cran.r-project.org/ following the instructions. Download and unzip the Tutorial folder that is made available here.
- Visualize the slides in “Tutorial R.pdf”
- Follow the exercise in “Basic_Exercise.pdf”
- For reference, we also provide a script with a correct set of R statements in sequence “Tutorial_script.R”
Additionally, we suggest that candidates acquire familiarity with RStudio by visiting the following resources:
- Introduction to RStudio (basics)
- Tutorial R and R Studio (complete)
R Studio will be used in the course to ease-up interaction and increase productivity, but people that prefer the original R environment on the command line will be able to follow that preference
Back to main page.